K.K. S-court recognizes the importance of protecting the privacy of your personal data. We have instituted strict policies and security measures to protect the information to be provided by you who signs up as a user (“User”) of the services provided at our website of s-court.me (“Services”).
2.Who is responsible for the processing of your personal data.
The Japanse company K.K. S-court (“S-court”) is the controller of your personal data. As stated below, S-court may share your personal data with its selected suppliers in order to provide services together with other companies or in order to have your personal data processed on S-court’s behalf.
If you have any questions, please make inquiries using the contact request form.
202 Wabe-Suzu, 1-16-4, Minami-Ikebukuro, Toshima-ku, Tokyo, 171-0022 Japan
3.Types of data processed, purpose and legal basis for processing
If you wish to become a User to use the Services, it is necessary to sign up as a User of the Services in accordance with S-court Membership Terms and Conditions.
- When you sign up as a User, S-court collects your e-mail address. S-court shall use this personal data in order to use it as a unique user ID of the service, to notify and communicate with the User (such as sending an electronic receipt and notifying the User of a product version upgrade upon the User’s request), to respond to inquiries, to enable the login of services and the browsing of personal page information, to provide paid services and to process payments, and to provide after-sales support. The legal basis of such use is that the processing is necessary in order for us to be able to fulfill our contractual obligations to the User and also that the User agrees to this usage.
- In addition, S-court collects information such as the phone number and will save it for further service. This is used to respond to inquiries and to provide the Services. The legal basis of such use is that the processing is necessary in order for us to be able to fulfill our contractual obligations to the User and also that the User agrees to this usage.
- When the User receives mail services (such as user support service by mail or event ticket mail service), S-court collects, stores and uses information such as addresses. This is used for shipping if a shipment is required. The legal basis of such use is that the processing is necessary in order for us to be able to fulfill our contractual obligations to the User and also that the User agrees to this usage.
- When the User uses the Services, S-court collects and stores the history of purchase, the access and the IP address. These are used for managing the purchase status of products for enabling Users to confirm the history of purchase and returns by logging in to a personal account and providing after-sales support to the Users. The legal basis of such use is that the processing is necessary in order for us to be able to fulfill our contractual obligations to the User and also that the User agrees to this usage. In addition, the history of purchase and usage will be used for statistical work in a form that does not identify individuals. The legal basis with regard to this processing is our legitimate interests in providing more convenient services to the User and also that the User agrees to this usage.
- S-court uses Cookie to collect the session ID of the user equipment and will store and use the ID for managing access individually, storing login status, items in the cart, language settings and enabling the auto login function. The legal basis of such use is that it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to the User and also that the User agrees to this usage. If the User agrees to use the Cookie or wants to use the auto login function, these facts are also stored in the Cookie. The session ID management starts after the consent is made for using Cookie.
- S-Court will not store the User’s credit card information (including the credit card number).
4.Disclosure and sharing of User’s personal data
S-court will not disclose the User’s personal data to third parties. However, S-court shall not be obliged to maintain confidentiality if S-court decides the data to be necessary for criminal investigations.
S-court may also share your data with selected suppliers who perform functions on our behalf such as fulfilling orders, downloading the products, processing payments, data management, to maintain our website, to distribute e-mails, to provide client communications and to manage our customer database. These will be made solely on S-court’s behalf and in accordance with S-court’s instructions. We do not authorize any of our suppliers to make any other use of the User’s personal data.
5.Protection of your data / Transfer outside of the EU/EES
- S-court will protect your data by adequate means (including the following items).
- S-court may share your data with our selected suppliers, who may process your data in countries both inside and outside of the EU/EES. However, S-court has taken appropriate safeguards to ensure that the receiving parties of your data in countries outside of the EU/EES shall provide an adequate protection of your data (including the following items).
- Your personal information shall be encrypted and communicated by SSL technology.
- Your data shall be encrypted as much as possible, except for information which must be used immediately to respond to your queries. Passwords will be irreversibly converted so that it cannot be known by anyone (including operators or developers).
6.Your data subject rights
You have your data subject rights to request access (including obtaining a copy of your data), rectification, erasure of your personal data and so on. You may withdraw your consent for processing of your personal data. If you withdraw your consent, however, it is not possible for us to provide you with the Services.
7.Duration for keeping your data
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary in relation to the purposes for which the data was collected or otherwise processed and we will destroy your personal data if it is no longer needed. In addition, we may maintain user data in order to comply with applicable legal obligations.
8.Necessity of Personal Data
When you sign up as a User with S-court in purchasing our products online, we will inform you which data is mandatory by marking certain fields with a symbol (*). The provision of mandatory data is necessary for S-sourt to be able to fulfill our contractual obligation to you, for example processing your order.
9.Children's privacy and legal purchase age
S-court does not intend that anyone under the age of eighteen (18) signs up as a User or uses the Services. If you are under twenty (20), we require that you inform and get your parents’ or guardians’ consent before purchasing anything or provide any personal data to us.
10.Modifications and others
Last date for modification: April 2019
Established on September 30, 2013